Saturday, March 10, 2012

#1...plus a disclaimer

Lately I've been wanting to record what recipes and new ingredients I've used and how they turned out.  I have also thought a lot about keeping a journal, of sorts.  Thus the birth of this blog.


So now that I've finally started this blog, I hope to keep it updated regularly.  My goal is to try at least one new recipe or ingredient every week and some personal musings on whatever I feel like sharing.


Now for the disclaimer on spiritual matters, should I choose to post anything concerning Jesus and His gospel.  I am a Mormon..  I was mostly raised in the LDS faith but was allowed to attend a Protestant boarding school as well as attend many other Christian churches.  I was allowed to choose for myself and have done so.  I served a mission for the LDS church and met people from all walks of life and I respect their chosen paths.  My husband is a member of a Mennonite church which he found while transitioning out of Mormonism.  That being said, I always share what I believe from my own perspective and experiences and encourage others to do the same.  Any comments about what I have written should reflect respect even if we differ in viewpoints.  I mean, my husband left the Mormon church and we're still happily married, so that should say something about respecting other views while still expressing my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reach out! I'll do my best to reach back. All I ask is that we're respectful of one another. So, what do you think?